Wonders All Around

Learning Alongside My 5th Grade Wonders

By

#SOL21 – Day 16 – Ping!

Tomorrow, E is baking monkey bread during her virtual *LME class, so she asked if we could go out after dinner and buy a couple of packages of refrigerated biscuits. Since she made Italian bread from scratch for last week’s cheesy garlic bread, I almost suggested that she make this dough on her own, too, but it would be a good idea to fill my car with gas tonight, so one more quick stop wouldn’t be a problem.

***

Sure enough, we were out of the store and back on the road in 5 minutes. In another 5, I’d be plopping down on the couch to begin a quiet evening of crocheting while listening to my audiobook. Enticed by the warm sun, I opened the moonroof, and we enjoyed the ride home.

All of a sudden, we were startled by a ping from the back seat. E and I both turned to look at each other. “What was that?” I asked.

“I don’t know,” E said, turning around to investigate. Lifting herself out of her seat, she turned further, and then started laughing.

“What?” I asked.

E stayed turned around, trying to get something from behind the passenger seat. After a few seconds, she sat back down and, still laughing, held her hand up for me to see. In it was a mound of dough. Somehow, the metal top popped off the top of the biscuit package, hitting the handle of the ice scraper in my car.

I started laughing, too, and as I did I realized that I hadn’t written my Slice for today. Well, this seems to be the perfect thing.

*LME is a middle school Life Management Education class, formerly known as Home Economics