Wonders All Around

Learning Alongside My 5th Grade Wonders

By

#SOL21 – Day 5 – Not Quite Checked Off My List

This morning, I wrote three tasks on my lunchtime to-do list: schedule my doctor’s appointment, reset the low tire pressure warning on my car, and pick up the spare key for that car. Totally manageable for a Friday, right?

The hardest part of scheduling my doctor’s appointment was finding the phone number, but after a few clicks in My Chart, I had what I needed. I was even able to get an appointment for next week on the afternoon of records day, so I won’t even have to write any sub plans!

Next, I searched the Internet for steps to reset the warning on my car. According to the first site suggested, it would take a few clicks on the car’s touchscreen and then 30 minutes of driving to recalibrate the system. If that was really the case, this wasn’t going to be a lunchtime task. Fortunately, I decided to watch a short video on the process, and it turns out the 30 minutes of driving isn’t necessary. I went out to the car and recalibrated the system in about 30 seconds.

The last task was picking up the spare key for the used car I purchased last week. The dealership is about 2 miles from work, so I would still have plenty of time to eat lunch and get ready for the afternoon. When I arrived, my salesperson was at the door to greet me. I collected the key from him, chatted for a few minutes about how much I’m enjoying the car and went on my way. It felt so good to finish everything on my list.

Almost.

I didn’t discover the problem until I arrived home after work. As I got out of the car, I noticed that the spare remote didn’t have all of the same buttons that the other one does. I walked away from the car, let it automatically lock, and then pressed the unlock button on the spare remote. Silence. I pressed the unlock button on the original remote. Click-click. The car is now unlocked. Ugh!

Well, getting the spare key is back on my to-do list. Hopefully, it doesn’t take too much more to get this actually taken care of!