Wonders All Around

Learning Alongside My 5th Grade Wonders

By

#SOL19 Day 25: Change of Plans

My middle school son is debating where he should take a shower before he goes to bed or in the morning. There are merits to both, of course. It’s so relaxing to take a warm shower and then snuggling in all cozy under the covers; a shower in the morning helps with waking up and combating bedhead. He settles on taking it in the morning, and we each start going through all of the other evening necessities so we can start our read aloud time together. 🙂

As I’m downstairs preparing the coffee maker and taking one last look at my email, I see an important reminder from my his school: this week is Spirit Week, and tomorrow is Pajama Day! This could change everything since part of the appeal of Pajama Day is rolling out of bed and going to school without changing. I haven’t heard the shower turn on yet, so I hurry upstairs with the information.

My news is met with a smile that quickly fades to a quizzical look. “Are you sure?”

I show him the message on my phone. He scrutinizes it carefully and decides that the information is legitimate. “Ok, I’m taking my shower now,” he says with finality.

I know he made the right choice. Pajama Day is the best!

10 Responses to #SOL19 Day 25: Change of Plans