Wonders All Around

Learning Alongside My 5th Grade Wonders

By

#SOL19 Day 22: Forgetting Things

I know we all forget things from time to time, but how is it that all three of my kids leave something at home in plain sight today?

“Good-bye, have a good day,” I say as the middle schooler closes the front door behind him. I return to the kitchen, checking on how the 5th grader is progressing with making her breakfast, and what do I see? The lunch that my older son just made sitting on the counter! Apparently, finishing off the few Sun Chips that didn’t fit into the snack container and throwing away the empty bag was enough to take his attention away from his original task.

Just enough time has elapsed that calling out the front door is no longer an option. “Could you quickly run this to your brother?” I plead. She slips into her boots and is out the door in a flash.

45 minutes later, this same 5th grader, who delivered her brother’s lunch, says goodbye and closes the front door behind her. I return to the kitchen to finish my breakfast, and what do I see on the counter? The sack of colorful plastic bags that my daughter was supposed to take to our media specialist for a school-wide craft. At least the project isn’t until next week, but that means these plastic bags will need to find a place so they aren’t forgotten once again.

I leave for work, but my husband and high school son are still at home. They still have another hour until meet up with the robotics team at the high school for a weekend-long competition in the northern part of the state. Apparently, the leisurely start and extra time this morning didn’t help my son make sure he had everything he needed, though: his safety glasses were left on the table in the entryway. Fortunately, my husband was driving separately to the competition and was able to bring the forgotten glasses.

Kids!

6 Responses to #SOL19 Day 22: Forgetting Things