Wonders All Around

Learning Alongside My 5th Grade Wonders

By

#SOL19 Day 15: Time for Me

My daughter walks straight ahead through the double doors to choir rehearsal. I turn to the left and sit on a bench in the hallway. The lights are dim, and I notice the calm already starting to take over. I pull out my laptop and return to my blogging site. I tap out the letters and build my Slice.

I faintly hear a too-high pitched “When Irish eyes are smiling” chorus as I work. I continue typing away in the dim hallway, watching as my Slice fills the screen. The song sounds more pleasant when I overhear it now.

I press Publish and send my Slice into the word. I even have time to read a few posts and leave comments for others.

I feel so satisfied, and yet, this evening almost didn’t happen. You see, my original plan was to go to school and set out equipment for the robotics teams I coordinate, take my daughter to choir rehearsal, drive back to school to help the teams for about 20 minutes, leave to pick up from choir, return to school to help for about 40 minutes and clean up. Really?!? Just thinking about this schedule makes me feel frantic!

I’m so glad I said no and gave myself time to sit, write, and relax.

2 Responses to #SOL19 Day 15: Time for Me