Wonders All Around

Learning Alongside My 5th Grade Wonders

By

#SOL18 Day 11: Practicing Spanish

Besides the March Slice of Life challenge, another streak I’m committed to keeping is my Spanish practice on Duolingo. I started relearning Spanish when my oldest son started his Spanish 1 class last year. He tends to have a hard time setting aside time for basic review, so I figured I could brush up on the year of Spanish I took about 20 years ago and set a good example for him at the same time.

The app only requires that you complete one new or review session each day to keep your streak going, so it usually takes less than 5 minutes. I was almost at 100 days when I got busy with things at work and crashed in bed one night before completing my practice. Whuh whah. Just like that, I was back at zero.

Now, about a year and a half later, I have a 283-day streak going! (Yes, I lost my streak at least one other time, but it wasn’t that high when I did, so it wasn’t a big setback.) Now, practicing Spanish is truly part of my life. Maybe at some point, I’ll decide not to practice every day, but this routine works for me for now.

Perhaps this is how writing and blogging will be for me by the end of this month. I think I would like that.

3 Responses to #SOL18 Day 11: Practicing Spanish